Facts about the Turkish language Available Courses
Turkish is the official language of Turkey. It has approximately 135 million speakers worldwide, almost 65% of which are in Turkey, and the rest spread over some 35 countries including Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus, Republic of Macedonia and Serbia and Montenegro, Romania, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Turkish is part of the Turkish family of languages, which includes Gagauz, and Khorasani and Ottoman Turkish. The Turkish family is a subgroup of the Oghuz languages, which are themselves a subgroup of the Turkic languages.
Turkish is a Turkic language of the Altaic family of languages. It is most closely related to other Turkic languages such as those spoken in Azerbaijan (Azeri), Uzbekistan (Uzbek), Kazakhstan (Kazakh) and Turkmenistan (Turkmen) where there is a high degree of mutual intelligibility. Modern standard Turkish is based on the Istanbul dialect or variation. And our students will be taught this dialect.
Turkish is written using a modified form of the Latin alphabet. The Turkish alphabet consists of twenty-nine letters and includes ç, ğ, ı, ö, ş, ü.
Situated on the crossroads of the European and Asian continents, the Turkish landscape encompasses a vast variety of geographical zones. Travelling from east to west you will encounter rugged, snow-capped mountains, highlands where the spring season with its rich wild flowers and rushing streams extends into long, cool summers and eventually you reach the warm, fertile valleys of the lace-like shores of the Aegean where winters are cool and summers hot.
Turkish Courses Description
Ishik Turkish language course will provide you with the ability to:
· Speak Turkish with confidence
· Interact more confidently when visiting a Turkish-speaking region or dealing with Turkish speakers
· Build rapport and strengthen relationships with Turkish-speaking colleagues and clients through a show of interest in the Turkish language and culture
· Demonstrate goodwill and facilitate international communication at both a personal and organisational level
Who should attend our Turkish Courses?
An Ishik Turkish language course is suitable for:
· Anyone doing business in Turkey
· Business professionals conducting business regularly with Turkish speakers who wish to build rapport and strengthen relationships by attending an Turkish course
· Government and non-governmental agency representatives working in a Turkish-speaking region who need to be able to communicate at all levels
Turkish course content
The content and format of your Turkish language course will depend on your profession, proficiency in Turkish and objectives. Whether elementary, intermediate or advanced, key areas covered in all our Turkish courses include:
· Spoken fluency
· Listening skills
· Pronunciation and accent
· Reading skills
· Telephone skills in Turkish
· Email skills in Turkish
Turkish course trainers
All Ishik Turkish language trainers are native speakers with at least 3 years’ professional Turkish training experience. In addition to relevant academic and linguistic qualifications and experience, many of our Turkish trainers also possess considerable exposure and expertise in the professional world.
3 level courses are given by native speaker teachers
Each level lasts 90 lessons (almost 3 months)
3 days a week and 3 lessons a day (9 lessons a week)
All our prices include all registration fees AND all course materials. There are no hidden costs!
Each Level: $300
60th Str. near the Ministry of Culture
Erbil / Iraq
Tel: 964750 4334985 (between 10 a.m. to 08 p.m.)